Frequently Asked Questions
Are free samples available?
Free samples are available for many items. Contact our PPE experts at 800-624-8285 or email@example.com to dsicuss your needs. Sample distribution is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Does Preiser offer discounts or promotions?
Yes, we offer discounts for volume purchases. We also offer PPE kits at discounted pricing. Contact our PPE experts at 800-624-8285 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our latest promotions.
Are all your products made in the USA?
Our hand sanitizers, reusable cotton face masks and cotton cloth IPA wipes are all manufactured in the USA. Our other products are imported from manufacturers that we have vetted to assure they are experienced in the production of quality PPE products.
If something does not fit my needs, can it be returned?
Cancellations or returns will be restricted, please check our website or contact your sales representative for details.
What PPE should I bring with me when I leave the house or office?
- The CDC recommends cloth face masks for the general public for any activity where maintaining social distancing would be difficult or impossible. These masks should be made from multiple layers of woven cotton fabric, fit snug to the face, and secured with either ties or elastic around the head or ears.
- An alcohol-based hand sanitizer (preferably isopropyl alcohol) with a minimum of 60% alcohol is a must if you go somewhere where soap and water are not readily available.
- Alcohol wipes are valuable for sanitizing surfaces such as shopping cart handles or other items that others may have used. Properly dispose of wipes immediately after use.
- Gloves could also be useful for handling items frequently used by others, such as gas pumps, but should be removed and discarded immediately after use. The CDC cautions that the use of gloves routinely may still lead to the spread of germs.
- Face shields or goggles can offer an additional layer of protection by covering the eyes but should not substitute for wearing a mask.
Ordering & Shipping
Are kits customizable?
Yes. We have example kits for many situations. Customers can work with us to develop the best arrangements for their application. We customize for government agencies, companies, schools, school districts, and more. Product selection and quantities can be discussed with our PPE experts at 800-624-8285 or email@example.com.
Are the PPE products kept in stock for quick delivery?
We maintain stock levels based on customer demand and supplier ability. Once your order is placed and confirmed, your supply is guaranteed by Preiser.
How do I reorder items?
Preiser Scientific can develop automatic reorder levels based on customer needs or orders can be placed online, by phone, or email at any time.
Can the items easily be shipped to my location?
Our warehouse operations deal with all major carriers. Your shipments can be directed to a single central point or to multiple locations. We can efficiently ship to hundreds of locations if needed.
Is there a minimum order size?
Preiser has no minimum order quantity. Our PPE experts can work with you to determine the most economical levels based on needs and shipping cost.
Which mask should I wear in public?
The CDC says people should wear cloth face coverings in public and researchers recommend tight-weave, 100% cotton masks for most situations. This is because the natural fibers in cotton tend to have more three-dimensional structure than synthetic fibers at the microscopic level.
Which mask should I use at my business?
The CDC recommends cloth face masks for the general public for any activity where maintaining social distancing would be difficult or impossible. These masks should be made from multiple layers of woven cotton fabric, fit snug to the face, and secured with either ties or elastic around the head or ears.
Which type mask is the most effective, reusable cloth or disposable?
The N95 and KN95 masks are the most effective, but are more expensive than cotton or disposable masks.
Do any of your masks protect against smoke from fires?
The CDC specifically says that N95 respiratiors provide protection against wildfire smoke. A properly designed KN95 mask may be used as an alternative in some cases if an N95 mask is not available. Preiser carries both KN95 and N95 respirators.
I have an underlying medical condition, which mask offers the best protection?
The WHO recommends a medical mask for anyone over 65 and/or with medical conditions that make breathing difficult.
Are the face masks ‘one size fits all’?
Some face masks are not one size fits all. The 10 pack of cotton face masks includes various strap sizes, which allows the customer to choose the best fit.
Are the face masks worn over the head or over the ear?
N95 masks have two straps that go around the head. KN95, surgical masks and most cotton masks go around the ear.
Are the cotton face masks adjustable?
Although face masks are not adjustable, the 10-pack of cotton face masks includes various strap sizes, which allows the customer to choose the best fit. All of our masks have stretch straps that accommodate various users.
Should I wear a cotton mask over my N95 mask?
- A cotton mask may be worn over an N95 for isolation precautions to extend N95 use.
- N95 MASK COVER INSTRUCTIONS
What's the difference between the N95 and KN95 masks?
Both are masks made to exacting standards established by different organizations. N95 is the USA/NIOSH approved mask and the KN95 mask from China is a NIOSH approved replacement in some cases.
Sanitizers & Wipes
Is Preiser hand sanitizer isopropyl or ethanol based?
- Preiser Scientific sanitizers are based on the WHO (World Health Organization) recommended formula (II) using Isopropyl Alcohol as the primary active ingredient. Isopropyl Alcohol has advantages over ethanol based sanitizers. Ethanol, when manufactured, can have small quantities of the toxic compound methanol, or other denaturants, added to the solution to prevent them from being used in food and beverage preparations. Manufacturing of IPA does not include methanol or denaturing, therefore reducing the risk of methanol/denaturant poisoning in hand sanitizer formulations. Secondly, IPA can double as an antiseptic and is often used in hospitals on humans, inanimate objects, and surfaces.
- Source: https://www.livescience.com/23305-bootleg-liquor-methanol.html#:~:text=This%20is%20because%20alcohol%20dehydrogenase,ethanol%2C%20converts%20methanol%20into%20formaldehyde.&text=Because%20of%20its%20toxicity%2C%20methanol,out%20their%20potential%20as%20beverages.
How do hand sanitizers work?
- For viruses, sanitizers work by disrupting the virus’s outer coat, including the novel coronavirus. For bacteria, they work by disrupting the cell membrane. According to the CDC and WHO, sanitizers are effective when they contain at least 60 percent ethanol or 70 percent isopropyl alcohol.
- Source: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html
How to properly use hand sanitizer?
- Dispense an adequate amount of hand sanitizer in your palm and rub your hands together to cover all surfaces of the hand completely, covering between the fingers, around fingernails and the backs of your hands, rubbing until dry. Do not wipe off excess sanitizer, but instead let it evaporate on its own. The hands should remain wet for a minimum of 15 seconds after application.
- Source: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5116a1.htm
Is the hand sanitizer safe for use on surfaces?
Yes. Preiser Scientific sanitizer does not contain any gelling agent, fragrance or coloring. We always recommend testing a small area first.
Can disinfectant wipes, like Clorox or Lysol, be used as a hand sanitizer?
- It is not recommended to use disinfecting agents on the skin. Sanitizer is specifically made for topical use and preferred. Disinfectants are chemical agents applied only to inanimate objects. They are not used for skin because they can injure skin and other tissues. The CDC states: Antiseptics are germicides applied to living tissue and skin; disinfectants are antimicrobials applied only to inanimate objects.
- Source: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/guidelines/disinfection/introduction.html#:~:text=Antiseptics%20are%20germicides%20applied%20to,injure%20skin%20and%20other%20tissues.
Why is this product not a gel or foam formulation?
- According to the WHO and the CDC, gelling and foaming agents are not recommended in hand sanitizers because they may alter the effectiveness of the sanitizer, making them less useful in protection against germs and ability to prevent disease.
- Source: https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf?ua=1
Do the sanitizers use perfumes?
- Based on the recommendations of the WHO, no perfumes are used in Preiser Scientific sanitizers. This prevents cross contamination and removes the threat of allergic reactions.
- Source: https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_Local_Production.pdf?ua=1
Do you add/subtract a degree from the IR Thermometer based on where you take the reading?
The digital IR thermometer offered by Preiser Scientific has an accuracy of ±0.4 °F @ 95.0 to 107.6 °F. Within that measurement range it would not be necessary to adjust based on the reading site.